1. If you have thick tresses that get dry and frizzy, apply a conditioning hair masque and leave it on overnight, rinsing in the morning. Hair will become angelical soft.
2. Brush hair from roots to ends nightly. This distributes natural oils throughout the shaft and gives hair a healthy sheen.
3. Always rinse out conditioner with cold water to seal the cuticle and promote shine.
4. Are your roots showing? Hide them by zigzagging your part.
5. Treat your eye area gently. This is the most delicate part of your face. Cleanse with care; blot, never rub.
6. Line your eyes first with a pencil liner because it’s easier to make that straight line with it. Then I go back on the line with the liquid liner. It’s kind of like coloring! The result? Your eye liner will stay on, smudge-free, and well-lined.
7. Get eyeshadow to stay in place by priming lids with moisturizer and foundation.
8. Stop pencil eyeliner from smudging by applying powder shadow (in a matching or slightly darker shade) over the pencil.
9. Switch to brown mascara for a softer look for day.
10. To stop makeup from fading during the day, apply a primer before your foundation.
11. For lipliner that glides on, warm it up first by pinching it with your fingertips.
12. To keep lipstick from bleeding, pat a little concealer around your lips.
13. Smile when you put on your lipstick – it’s the best way to ensure complete coverage, corners included.
14. The best time to apply lotion is right after a shower or bath, when skin is still damp.
15. When drawing a bath, scatter bubbles or crystals directly under the faucet before turning on the water and drop in perfume oil while the tub is filling.
16. Beautiful skin starts from within. Include lots of vegetables, fruit and water in your diet.
17. Too much perfume? Dab rubbing alcohol with a cotton ball on your skin. The alcohol will cut the scent without altering it.
18. Microwave lotion for 5 seconds to soothe dry winter skin.
19. Help perfume last longer by dabbing petroleum jelly onto pulse points before spraying on fragrance. (Perfume evaporates faster from dry skin.)
20. Exfoliate with a body scrub once a week to slough off dead cells that make skin look dull. When skin is freshly exfoliated, lotion and oil are better absorbed.
Feet and Hands
21. Improve circulation in your legs and lower the risk of unsightly veins by elevating your feet when resting.
22. Shape nails with an emery board, filing sides toward center – never straight across – and rounding off edges.
23. What works for your face works for your hands. Remove age spots with facial brightening cream.
24. The fast way to remove nail polish: Hold cotton saturated with polish remover firmly on your nail for a few seconds to let it start working, then wipe nail clean.
25. Relieve swollen feet by soaking them alternately in hot water (for 3 minutes), then cold water (for 1 minute), for a total of 15 minutes.
26. To avoid toenail fungus, keep feet dry and clean, and remove athletic socks and shoes immediately after working out.